God’s Law of Transference – The Danger of Trusting Others
Watch the most recent episodes in the Marriage On The Rock series
“Making Divorce a Dirty Word.”
God’s Law of Transference: Marriage Matters
The Danger of Trusting Others Above
If we don’t trust Jesus, we will automatically transfer the expectation of those needs to those closest to us, especially our spouse. Sets them up for failure.
When you depend on others to meet your deepest needs:
1. You will never be fulfilled.
2. You will become discouraged and cynical.
3. You will become bitter toward people and reject them for not meeting your expectations.
THIS IS WHERE SATAN STEPS IN!!!!!!
Satan’s ultimate goal is to destroy marriage and to keep us separated and unfulfilled.
Genesis 2:18 – “It is not good that man should be
alone. I will make him a helper…”
– Over-dependence creates dysfunction!
Trusting Jesus will:
a. Our hurts are healed.
– Until our past is healed, it is still controlling our present and limiting our future.
b. We are filled with His love and ability to love others.
c. Our sins and selfishness are challenged and changed into Christ’s character.