Let’s Stay Together Five Stones Church Service Sermon (January 9, 2022)
– Welcome to our Housewarming Celebration.
-The miracle is in God’s provision for a location where His power and blessings will manifest in growing His kingdom.
-The miracle is for everyone who put their faith to work over the short weeks to transform this space into church where the Body of Christ can gather to praise Him.
– The miracle is in you who were stirred by the Holy Spirit to be here today.
-The miracle is in coming together with other believers to celebrate Team Jesus. Coming together is the miracle and it doesn’t matter WHERE we meet. It’s just important THAT we meet. And because we have committed TO meet, God our Father has blessed us all with a place to connect. We are planting a connected community. Connection is vital. NOT good at is STAYING TOGETHER.
Barna Research – 2000 that 45% practicing Christians. 2021, only 1 in 4 (25%) were walking in faith. The Body of Christ is not staying together, but where are we going? – Most scatter back into their secular world, – some bounce in and out of church and – many reject God altogether.
While the Body of Believers continues to dwindle, Barna shows people identified as atheists have more than doubled in the same time frame. How do we solve the challenge of staying together as the Body of Christ?
God’s Word Focus Scripture for today. It’s found in Acts 2:42-47.
ACTS 2 (NIV) The Fellowship of the Believers
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles.
44 All the believers were together and had everything in common.
45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.
46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts,
47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
PROBLEM – STAYING TOGETHER
Living life as the Body of Christ requires an intentional effort, but it’s not always easy.
HOW DO I APPLY ACTS 2:42-47 IN MY LIFE THIS WEEK?
1. Read the Bible every day.
2. Pray with tangible expectation and unshakable faith in God’s will and work to be done. NO MORE WISHY WASHY PRAYERS
3. Connect with another believer – meal, gym, hobby, coffee shop
4. Practice charity and giving – Giving is connected to the condition of your heart – You can learn to be generous.
5. Share Jesus with someone this week. Pick out a Scripture verse and pray for an opportunity to share – The Holy Spirit will make it happen if you are willing.
6. Praise God in all things – Adopt an ATTITUDE of GRATITUDE.
7. Commit to Stay In The Room – Get Connected – Invite one person to come with you next Sunday. God is going to grow the number harvested (salvations) we just have to be willing to work in the harvest fields.
I love you and God bless you,
STAY CONNECTED. – https://linktr.ee/scottsilverii –