Sheriff’s Deputy Martha Ann Woods-Shareef was my Sister and I miss you.
Martha Ann Woods-Shareef
Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Department, Louisiana
End of Watch: Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Tour: 15 years
Cause: Vehicular assault
Incident Date: 8/20/2008
Deputy Martha Woods-Shareef succumbed to injuries sustained when she was run over by a vehicle while investigating a burglary on Highway 20. She had responded to a local convenience store at 2:30 am after an alarm was activated at the store.
Dispatchers heard a scream over her radio, and then moments later a store employee used the radio to inform dispatchers that she had been injured and needed an ambulance. She was transported to Thibodaux Regional Medical Center, where she succumbed to injuries.
The suspect was arrested approximately 4 hours later hiding underneath a house.
Deputy Woods-Shareef had served with the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Department for 15 years. She is survived by her husband and daughter.
Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/19525-deputy-sheriff-martha-ann-woods-shareef#ixzz2Sj3mbmOl
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Categories: Personal Perspective, The Blue Blitz
Tagged as: cop culture, culture, End of Watch, EOW, Line of Duty Death, National Law Enforcement Officer Memorial, police, Police culture, Police Week
Leave a Reply