Covenant vs. Contract
Covenants are different than contracts.
– A covenant is a binding obligation between you, your spouse, and God. It’s not meant to be broken. Covenants are not meant to dissolve because you fell out of love with your spouse.
– Contract INCLUDES force action.
– The covenant is not forced but is a choice willingly entered into out of selfless love and personal commitment.
– Contract usually requires a fifty-fifty benefit for each party.
– The covenant allows each to give 100% – Law of Possession
– Contracts come with expiration dates.
– Covenants last forever. So can your marriage.
Categories: Dr. Scott Silverii