I’m Shaping Up; Week 6
It’s Monday and week #6 in my quest for regaining a healthy lifestyle. I have to say that I still have a way to go but I figured out the secret.
Eat less of this –
and do more of this –
Of course it’s not that simple, but it helps from getting overwhelmed and for setting small obtainable goals. I’ve remained true to Lt. Lane’s diet and earned a “2 Hour Cheat” where I was allowed to eat anything and any amount.
I think the cheat is a mind trick, but I’m all about getting tricked today. I have an open invitation for CopsAlive.com’s John Marx when he’s close to New Orleans. An authentic Cajun meal to discuss our team efforts! Les Bon Temp Roule!!
I have to admit that I was disappointed. After 2 weeks of following a sensible, strategic nutrition plan, I though Sunday would be a major blow out for ice cream, pizza and M&Ms. It wasn’t.
My stomach has begun to shrink and made squeezing in a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough mire difficult than it was pleasurable. I tossed half the bag of M&Ms because I did not want to undo the progress i am so proud of. It’s such a mind game, and yesterday, Body Beat Mind.
If you need the reality of why it’s critical to regain and retain top physical fitness, check out John’s feature on Preparing for a Line of Duty Death, Click Here
Here’s to holding each other accountable when the couch looks inviting and the snacks endless.
– 213 lbs (I think it displayed 212.9 lbs but whose counting)
– Ran (intervals and steady paced jogging. Better time management allowed increase activity time).
– Short interval sessions on cardio machines to mix up routine.
– Played basketball to warm up before the weights. Like most of you, I grew up with a ball, glove or helmet in my hand depending on the season. The last time I could recall actually shooting a ball towards a goal was about 15 years ago! Don’t let life slip by. Grab your kid’s basketball and your kids and go shoot some hoops.
– Played racquetball and even tried applying the rules. Something about keeping score. Right David?
– Weights 4 days. Mixing up moderate free weights and Cybex machines. Adding weight, but not to be macho, just healthy. STILL LOOKING for Exercise Advisor to Join the Team.
– The great thing about a diet plan that is spelled out is the planning & preparation. I ate 3 out of 5 lunches at restaurants, and for the 2nd week in a row – EVERY dinner at home!
– Overall, an awesome week of using food as fuel instead of comfort.
UNO Ring & BP
– Taking that ring off at will, and without the bloody knuckle! BP getting cozy in the 140s range. Consistency.
Monday – Sunday Goals:
– Weight at 210 lbs (I dropped more weight than expected last week, but must remain realistic and healthy)
– Eat sensible lunch at home 3 days
– Earn 2 hour food cheat at the end of next 14 days of this diet.
How are your efforts going? Don’t just read this and dismiss it. Make a commitment today. You have peer support, CopsAlive.com expertise, and a champion fitness advisor all ready to help.
Categories: Personal Perspective