I’m Shaping Up; Week 8
Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Sacramento, Charlotte, New Orleans
My cross-country excursion last week threatened to break my efforts right open. I returned at o.2lbs heavier than I left. Yes, 0.2lbs! I even spent time in a small hotel gym on a loud and unstable treadmill. Most importantly, I ate smart and in moderation. I did give in on the flight from San Fran to Charlotte and accepted the kind hostess’s offer for pretzels though.
Here’s to holding each other accountable when the couch looks inviting and the snacks endless.
– 213.2 lbs (Strayed off strict diet, but maintained principles of healthy eating)
– Hotel gym twice but stayed active during the days.
– Traveled with a group of cops from across the country, and despite the hazing for avoiding carbs, I did okay.
– Overall, a break even week, and truly looking forward to returning to my strategic eating.
UNO Ring & BP
– Taking that ring off at will, and without the bloody knuckle! BP getting cozy in the 130s range. Consistency.
Monday – Sunday Goals:
– Return to pre-planned meals.
– Weight at 212 lbs (I think once I restart the program and exercise, I’ll be back on track)
– Add more endurance training. I’ve enjoyed resistance training after several years away from it while training for cycling and triathlon.
How are your efforts going? Don’t just read this and dismiss it. Make a commitment today. You have peer support, CopsAlive.com expertise, and a champion fitness advisor all ready to help.
- I’m Shaping Up; Week 7 (scottsilverii.com)
- Strong is the new skinny. (safiyahesack.wordpress.com)
Categories: Personal Perspective
Chief my friend I still have faith in you, I know you will reach your goals. This weekend I did not stand beside you in your quest, I decided to take my SOUTHERN ROOTS back. Ate a large plate of red beans and rice, and shrimp and grits. Felt good, but I did have some guilt about you and what you are going through. Take care my friend, you can do it.
That’s a brave thing you did by eating Cajun dishes while up north!!
Maybe it’ll catch on. HA!!
Thanks my Brother & God bless you
Great job Scott and .2lbs is nothing probably just lil too much salt on those pretzels. Keep up the great work and you will see this week how the pounds will shed when you get back into the routine. Take care and see you at the Fair. Oh my what are we going to eat healthy out there!!
Chad, you’re not kidding! The thought of no Fireman’s Fair hamburger is too much to bear!!!
I see you at a Nichols State baseball game…you see a Thiac on the team arrest em! :<)…,my nephew is on the team.
I go weekly if they are at home. Great team and ballpark. I’ll look for the T.
Take care Brother
Hey, to quote a stroke patient I recently met, “It could be much worse.” You didn’t even gain half a pound! I’m still more excited about the BP numbers. You’re in what’s called the prehypertension range! And, if I remember correctly, you began this journey with numbers in the stage 2 hypertension range. You, my friend, should be on talk shows and posters around the country as proof that lifestyle modification can keep you off of meds! Even with eating your meals out, you did great!