I’m Shaping Up; Week 10
I stood on the scale while exhaling as hard as I could. I was hoping to end this week around 210lbs. I had not even smelled a carb all week, and enjoyed a solid return to my eating strategy.
Looking down, I cannot say I was disappointed. Just the opposite, I was shocked. I was at 208 lbs, and not seen the “single digit” side of 200 since my weight marched upwards over two years ago.
I popped into the kitchen and grabbed the dreaded BP cup, and yep, in the 130’s over mid 90’s! this is the most key indicators in my quest to regain a healthy lifestyle.
This past weekend was our annual Thibodaux Volunteer Fireman’s Fair. When I tell you the food was amazing, it was amazing. I packed my protein shots and walnuts but did have a few world-famous fire grilled hamburgers.
Walking the massive fair grounds each evening for hours I did what Chiefs of Police do. In addition to shaking hands and thanking people for the wonderful comments about our police officers, I was burning calories.
TVFD Fire Chief and fellow dieter, Chad Mire and I spied on each other during the weekend and encouraged each other to stick with it. He did catch me with a giant cup of hot chocolate during a seasonable cold Friday night.
GREAT NEWS! The awesome pool at our university opens Monday and I plan on being in it regularly.
Here’s to holding each other accountable when the couch looks inviting and the snacks endless.
– 208.2 lbs (I’ve stuck to my guns, and enjoying the benefits)
– I rocked the gym, the cardio and the track all week. After 10 weeks of mostly consistent exercising, my body now looks forward to the training challenges.
– Lt. Lane still has me on a high protein diet. After my nutritional “indiscretion” 2 weeks ago, I was happy to avoid the junk foods.
UNO Ring & BP
– BP stayed in the 130s range. Consistency.
– The UNO ring slips on and off without hanging up on swollen knuckles or fat fingers.
Monday – Sunday Goals:
Heading to Boston this week. No fretting because this is a “walking town.”
– Exercise daily. Preferably outside, but hotel gym closet will do.
– Weight at 208 lbs
– Walk Boston’s Freedom trail but DO NOT get lost like last time.
How are your efforts going? Don’t just read this and dismiss it. Make a commitment today. You have peer support, CopsAlive.com expertise, and a champion fitness advisor all ready to help.
- Your Favorite Liquid Protein Diet Recipes (dualfit.com)
- 6 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight. (newszblast.wordpress.com)
- Crawfish Aquatics pic – http://www.crawfishaquaticslafayette.com/content/masters-info
Categories: Personal Perspective