While this means I still report for duty Monday morning, but does mean the kiddo is out for the next few months. How does this challenge the quest to become fit? Well, the hotter it
becomes, the more kiddo seems to enjoy snacks inside while watching TV. Yes, I have been known to watch a few episodes of Barney while sharing snacks from his bowl.
This week, and the wonderful Memorial Day weekend was spent cycling through the open sugarcane fields lining my city. I’ve enjoyed returning to my bike. I’ve cycled for years and always
found it a great way to shred pounds while allowing for the well-timed carb load!!
I’ve finally put my ego aside and begun attending regular yoga classes. WOW! what I have missed in the way of breath and balance control. The stretching will only help my cycling and the ability to hammer the pedals longer at a higher HR.
Here’s to holding each other accountable when the couch looks inviting and the snacks endless.
– Don’t know. Seriously, didn’t even step on the scale.
– Consistent days of longer distance cycling has allowed my body to adjust to the sore “seat”
– Mixed days of running, and even a day of running right after a bike. How I used to rush through the transition area during triathlons I’ll never know.
– moderation has become the key, but I have been back to the evening ice cream banaza. Only not a pint at a time.
UNO Ring & BP
– BP stayed in the 130s range. Consistency.
– The UNO ring slips on and off without hanging up on swollen knuckles or fat fingers.
Monday – Sunday Goals:
– Three high-intensity cycling days with moderate to high sustained heart rate.
– two yoga sessions.
– bring lunches to work or prepared meal at home.
– Increase hydration.
How are your efforts going? Don’t just read this and dismiss it. Make a commitment today. You have peer support, CopsAlive.com expertise, and a champion fitness advisor all ready to help.