I’m Shaping Up; Week 7
213, 137, 99 – HIKE! While losing a healthy level of fitness is not a game, it is fun and challenging to develop creative ways to regain it.
Racquetball, stadiums, dodge ball(?) Yep. Actually I watched.
I have mostly maintained strict adherence to Lt. Lane’s diet plan, but when the Kiddo is asking for his traditional Thursday night out at his favorite pizza place, I did have part of a child’s pepperoni. Of course, I’m not the reigning Ms. Louisiana like Kim is, so I ate it without guilt.
Back to the fun parts. Those huddle numbers are my weight, and BP. I’m stoked to see my numbers enter this range. Took the BP after a neighbor called to say there was a peacock in the back yard.
Now if that doesn’t get your BP up, then nothing will. But even after a few fence climbing adventures to spot the elusive bird, and making sure the neighbor’s dog did not eat it, those numbers are much improved.
Also; Check out this great article at CopsAlive.com about police stress CLICK HERE
Here’s to holding each other accountable when the couch looks inviting and the snacks endless.
– 213 lbs (Was at 219.6 lbs in week, but whose counting? I Am!!)
– Give you the quick over view, D-Ball game starts in 20 minutes. Another consistent week of smart and safe exercise. Pre-planning meals affords more control over time, so I have been able to wake up earlier to get my training in when I know there is work related duties in the evening. – Running (jogging actually), weight lifting and a variety of sports to make it fun.
– The great thing about a diet plan that is spelled out is the planning & preparation. I have had a little difficulty eating all the food required each day. that is an ironic claim to have trouble eating ALL THAT FOOD while on a strict diet. But it is true.
– Overall, an awesome week of using food as fuel instead of comfort.
UNO Ring & BP
– Taking that ring off at will, and without the bloody knuckle! BP getting cozy in the 130s range. Consistency.
Monday – Sunday Goals:
– I will be challenged this week. I’ll be in San Fran & Sacramento all week presenting a workshop for cops. Hotel living “was” fun for college spring breaks, but it makes exercise and eating right a chore. I’ve packed food and charted out running paths. I hope to not lose stride when mixed with the crew.
– Weight at 212 lbs (I have to be realistic and try to maintain where I am)
– Make sensible food choices since every meal will be eaten in restaurants and airports.
How are your efforts going? Don’t just read this and dismiss it. Make a commitment today. You have peer support, CopsAlive.com expertise, and a champion fitness advisor all ready to help.