I’m Shaping Up; Week 22
Hi everyone, good to be back after a week in North Dakota. No exercise, unless you call reading highway safety reports and eating hotel food all week exercise.
Did you know that it’s hot and humid in south Louisiana? You’d think I would know that too, but it didn’t stop me from overdoing it this weekend.
But don’t “I told you so” too quickly. I was inspired by the wonderful folks I’ve rejoined in our Bayou Country Cyclists team, and our MS 150 training ride was an event I had to participate in. Even though I was still under hydrated and over-stuffed with Bismarck’s best cuisine.
Today’s ride brought a little sadness though. Ever get attached to something inanimate and just dread the day it comes to an end? My very first pair of cycling shoes came apart during the ride. The carbon bottoms, already chipped, scraped and worn from the years and the miles just had one clipped-in-pedal stroke too many today.
Would you believe that I’ve had them since 2005? They survived triathlons, cycling centuries, and being left out on the porch during Hurricane Katrina.
Here’s to holding each other accountable when the couch looks inviting and the snacks endless.
– Don’t know. Still not worrying about these numbers.
– 2 days of cycling
– 1 lawn cut. Don’t knock it; I started my Strava app and it recorded almost 2 miles walked up and down, back and forth, stopping to talk to the neighbor and back and forth.
– 6 days of hotel food, if that’s a sport.
– What is it about airline travel and hotel conference centers? Yes, you know how the eating went.
UNO Ring & BP
– BP is still good and resting HR is low 50’s. Saturday and Sunday’s biking bonanzas kept the HR up in the 160 – 170’s, but air condition helps that after the rides.
– The UNO ring slips on and off without hanging up on swollen knuckles or fat fingers.
Monday – Sunday Goals:
– 3 days of cycling.
– 2 yoga sessions.
– 3 morning run sessions
– bring lunches to work or prepared meal at home.
– Gotta really stay consistent with hydration.
How are your efforts going? Don’t just read this and dismiss it. Make a commitment today. You have peer support, CopsAlive.com expertise, and a champion fitness advisor all ready to help.