Have you ever known something that you would’ve never known or thought of on your own? The beauty of God speaking to us is that His revelations are so different from the way we naturally process thoughts and information.
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts. ~ Isaiah 55:8-0
This week in my quiet time I felt the Holy Spirit begin to stir. It’s taken me a while to learn to linger in His presence and not rush into a conclusion or add my own expectations of these encounters.
I believe we all have God encounter opportunities, but how deep or intense depends on your sensitivity to them and your willingness to linger there.
It was during a period of lingering within the Spirit that God began to share these truths with the instructions to share them with you. I don’t make any assumptions as I was only led to share, but here you go:
- When Jesus first came to this world it was during a census. (Luke 2:1)
- We are in a once a decade census this year.
- The census at the time of Christ’s first coming drove everyone back to their homes. (Luke 2:4)
- The Coronavirus pandemic has driven everyone back into their homes during this census year.
- The census at the time of Christ saw the Massacre of the Innocents – massive death at the hands of a ruthless killer (Herod Agrippa) (Matthew 2:16-18)
- The Coronavirus is now responsible for massive death tolls at the hands of a ruthless microscopic killer. And more than the children killed by Herod, abortion today kills many more than he ever could.
- The threat of death drove Jesus from his home and into exile in a foreign land for survival. (Matthew 2:13-15)
- The threat of infectious death has driven Christian worship from it’s church home and into the foreign exile of the 3rd space (online).
- The land of Egypt where Jesus took refuge was a pagan ruled territory marked by violence, lies and sexual debauchery.
- The digital terrain where the gospel of Jesus is taking refuge is a space dominated by violence, lies and pornography.
Where Does That Leave Us?
I believe most people are afraid of the reality of Christ’s return. The term End Times is foreboding and it drives fear into some and hesitation into even the most faithful.
Most of that is driven by the unknown. God is purposefully vague about the when and how but so was Jesus throughout his ministry on earth. He even explained to His disciples that He used parables so people could understand the message.
The caveat was that you had to have ears willing to hear the Word and a heart open to receive it. Otherwise, you end up like the pharisees who scoffed when Jesus explained that the only way to see the kingdom of God was to be born again (John 3:1-21).
Are these the End Times?
Yep!! From the moment Jesus ascended into heaven (Acts 1:6-11), we move one moment closer toward His return. Isn’t that incredible?
The Ascension of Jesus
6 So when the apostles were with Jesus, they kept asking him, “Lord, has the time come for you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?”
7 He replied, “The Father alone has the authority to set those dates and times, and they are not for you to know. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
9 After saying this, he was taken up into a cloud while they were watching, and they could no longer see him. 10 As they strained to see him rising into heaven, two white-robed men suddenly stood among them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why are you standing here staring into heaven? Jesus has been taken from you into heaven, but someday he will return from heaven in the same way you saw him go!”
~ Acts 1:6-11
The kingdom of God is what’s coming. Whether it’s in this census year or the next or the…you get the point, the one thing that never changes is John 3:1-21 – you will never see the kingdom of God unless you are born again of water and Spirit. Don’t try to hedge your bet before the ball stops bouncing on the wheel.
The return of a conquering Christ isn’t a bad thing unless you’ve not accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. Yeah, then, it’s a really bad thing to be left behind. Because you will be. God wants you to come along but He’s not going to force you to take the ride.
Praying For You
Thanks for connecting with me here at Five Stones Church Online. There are so many people struggling to connect, or to make their voices heard. We are stronger together.
LIKE below and Share this article and Invite them to connect here.
Get Connected at Five Stones Church Online & discover an awesome Community Group to engage with and please consider supporting men’s ministry.
Much Love & Respect,
Categories: Dr. Scott Silverii