It’s the last week of summer!!!
For kiddo before school; the rest of us get to continue in suffering beneath the sweltering summer sun!!
Gotta tell ya that the combination of fitness routine and kiddo at your feet made for challenging times and other times not so much. The great thing about returning to a healthy life is during the times when the gym closes too early, the afternoon rain showers are too consistent or the day gets lost playing with kiddo, it does not matter in the big scheme of things.
Watching food intake, especially during the days when a 7-year-old just doesn’t fit onto the saddle of my road bike or treadmill, makes maintaining a healthy regimen possible.
After our traditional Sunday morning breakfast, we spent our last afternoon of summer bliss watching an awesome cycling criterium in downtown Thibodaux. Where else do you find bikes, beer (not us) and a band rocking the oldest Cajun tunes on the bayou?
I want to thank Jerry Moody and Judith Pringle of the traditional Cajun French music band; Comme Cetait (Like it was) for being so kind to kiddo to allow him to join your band.
I’m Shaping Up | Week 23
Here’s to holding each other accountable when the couch looks inviting and the snacks endless.
– Don’t know. Still not worrying about these numbers.
– No cycling, running, yoga. Only full-time playing and enjoying this week with kiddo. That’s exhausting!!
– Oh, I did cut the lawn in the rain. It’s fun.
– Survived the kiddo diet of pancakes, pizza, and pre-bed ice cream. IN MODERATION
UNO Ring & BP
– Did not check BP or HR this week, but will return to monitoring this week as I pick up my running and cycling frequency and intensity.
– The UNO ring slips on and off without hanging up on swollen knuckles or fat fingers.
Monday – Sunday Goals:
– 5 days of cycling.
– 2 yoga sessions.
– 4 morning run sessions
– bring lunches to work or prepared meal at home.
– Gotta really stay consistent with hydration.
How are your efforts going? Don’t just read this and dismiss it. Make a commitment today. You have peer support, CopsAlive.com expertise, and a champion fitness advisor all ready to help.